Offbeat Politics is a sister site of our main site Offbeat Perspectives which has articles and interviews on diverse topics – sexuality, gender norms, social norms, morality, religion, media control and censorship, music, film, society, alternative/ social issues, unique passions, careers, and individuals.
Writer: Cassandra Chia
Our old political and media landscape posts can be found in our main site, but if you want our updated or latest political and media landscape post – keep a lookout for this sister site!
Check out Offbeat Perspectives (main site) if you want articles of more diverse topics 😀
- [Investigative Journalism] Is the presence of non-mainstream media really that important in Singapore? Case study of HolyCrit Saga
Citizens’ Journal post (FB share)
Crankpunk’s post (FB share)
- Ministerial salaries – Will a new cabinet bring about a new change?
TR Emeritus (Oct 24, 2015) Article
RedWire Times Singapore (Article Share)
The Singapore Daily 3rd Nov 2015 (Article Share)
- [Investigative Journalism] Parkour Saga: How credible are our local news sites?
Citizens’ Journal’s post (FB Share)
Rilek1Corner’s post (FB Share)
Wake Up, Singapore’s post (FB Share)
Wake Up Singapore (Twitter Share)
The Singapore Daily 29 Oct 2015 (Article Share)
- Minister Tan Chuan Jin, ISA, Marxist Conspiracy, Civil Society, Governmental Fundings
Citizens’ Journal’s 29 Nov 2015 (Article Share)
- Singapore’s version: The” hype” over Gender Equality and Feminism in Singapore.
The Singapore Daily 14 Dec 2015 (Article Share)
Citizens’ Journal’s post 18 Dec 2015 (Article Share)
- GE2015 Rewind: How the terms “social worker” and “heart and minds” became entangled in GE2015
The Singapore Daily 28 Dec 2015 (Article Share)
- What Scares the S*** Out of Me About Transitioning into a Working Adult in Singapore (Poetry)
The Singapore Daily 14 Jan 2016 (Article Share)
RedWire 14 Jan 2016 (Article Repost)
The Online Citizen Jan 15 2016 (Article Repost)
- She’s a slut! She shouldn’t cover up herself so much.
The Singapore Daily 19 Jan 2016 (Article Share)
- Pre-marital sex is unethical and shameful. Virginity is pure virtue.
The Singapore Daily 21 Jan 2016 (Article Share)
- Previous times when my political posts faced “uncanny” technical/publishing issues
The Singapore Daily 25 Jan 2016 (Article Share)
- Parents and the horrid taboo topics of “Masturbation” “Penis” “Sex” “Vagina”
The Singapore Daily 4 Feb 2016 (Article Share)
- I’m a woman that don’t identify myself as FEMINIST, and there is nothing wrong with it.
The Singapore Daily 11 Feb 2016 (Article Share)
- If schools are supposed to be non-partisan, why the f*** is our mainstream media not?
The Singapore Daily 15 Feb 2016 (Article Share)
- Free speech in Singapore can meh? LKY got do what! On Islam. Then Amos Yee follow.
The Singapore Daily 18 Feb 2016 (Article Share)
- 8 questions to reflect on, in regards to Singapore’s electoral/political landscape
The Singapore daily 2 March 2016 (Article Share)
- Singaporean Chinese Perspective: Do Chinese Privilege and Xenophobia exist?
The Singapore Daily 7 March 2016 (Article Share)
- 30 “HOT”socio-political issues to ponder and reflect on in our little red dot
RedWire Times 18 March 2016 (Article Re-post)
- Want to know how a rally looks like in law-abiding Singapore?
Saturday, 26 Match 2016 Wake Up Singapore (Article Share)
- Are women “asking for it” when we distract males with our short skirts?
April 28 2016 The Singapore Daily (Article Share)
- 7 Singapore LGBT / adult films that faced censorship, or film screening withdrawals
- Everything about 377A summarized into a “comprehensive” nutshell for Singaporean readers
- Muslim, Christian, LGBT, Humanist, Catholic, Buddhist, Hindu sagas in Singapore from 2001 to June 2016
- 5 financial corruption / management lapses sagas that blasted Singapore’s headlines in July / August 2016
- Article 151A, Defence and Security Measures – Power struggle between President and the Cabinet
- Social experiment (Singapore): Are you a boy in long skirt, or a short-haired lesbian?
GLBT Voices Singapore
- 7 reasons why Singapore’s general election is definitely not rigged in any undemocratic ways.
- 10 “SPICY” questions you never had the balls to ask the LGBTQ community.
Click HERE if you want to check out our Facebook page for new updates 🙂